Sarah Vavrik Hernandez
College of Engineering
- Transportation systems engineering
- Freight transportation data sources and needs
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Data Analysis
- Transportation Engineering
- Assistant Project Scientist, Institute of Transportation Studies, University of California, Irvine
- Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
- M.S., University of California, Irvine
- B.S., University of Florida
- Hyun, K., Hernandez, S., Tok, A., and Ritchie, S.G., “Estimating truck volume and weight distribution by body configuration using Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) data”, Transportation Research Record Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Forthcoming.
- Hernandez, S., Tok, A., and Ritchie, S.G., “Multiple-Classifier Systems for Truck Body Classification at WIM Sites with Inductive Signature Data”, Compendium of Papers, 94th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January, 2015.
- Hernandez, S., and Ritchie, S.G., “Motivating Students to Pursue Transportation Careers: Implementation of a service learning project on transit”, Transportation Research Record, No. 2480, pp. 30-37, 2015.
- Jeng, S.T., Chu, L., and Hernandez, S., “A Wavelet-KNN based Vehicle Classification Approach using Inductive Loop Signatures”, Transportation Research Record, No. 2380, Vol. 1, pp. 72-80, 2013.
- Chow, J., Hernandez, S., Bhagat, A., and McNally, M., “Multicriteria Sustainability Assessment in Transport Planning for Recreational Travel”, International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, Vol. 8, Issue 2, pp. 151-175, 2013.
- Hernandez, S. and Regue, R., “Using Signature Based Re-identification to Measure Lane Changing Maneuvers,” Presented at the 92nd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January 2013.
- Yeon, J., Hernandez, S., and Elefteriadou, L., “Differences in Freeway Capacity by Day of the Week, Time of Day, and Segment Type”, Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 135, No. 7, pp. 416-426, 2009.