R. Panneer Selvam
College of Engineering
James T. Womble Endowed Professorship in Computational Mechanics and Nanotechnology Modelling
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Loading
- Finite Element Methods in Civil Engineering
- Numerical modeling of linear, nonlinear and dynamic behavior in structural mechanics, fluid dynamics and acoustics using boundary element, finite element and finite difference methods
- Experimental research using photoelasticity and strain measuring instruments
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Madras
- M.E., Structures, University of Madras
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School Mines & Technology
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University
- Strasser, M., Yousef, M., Selvam, R. 2016, “Defining the Vortex Loading Period and Application to Assess Dynamic Amplification of Tornado-Like Wind Loading”, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 63, 188-209
- Strasser, M., Selvam, R. 2015, “A Review of Viscous Vortex Tangential Velocity Profiles for Application in CFD”, Journal of the Arkansas Academy of Sciences, 69, 88-97.
- Strasser, M., Selvam, R. 2015, “The Variation in the Maximum Loading of a Circular Cylinder Impacted by a 2D Vortex with Time of Impact”, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 58, 66-78.
- Ahmed, N., Selvam, R. 2015, “Ridge Effects on Tornado Path Deviation”, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research, 3, 273-294.
- Gorecki, P., Selvam, R. 2015, “Rankin Combined Vortex Interaction with Rectangular Prism”, International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, 29, 120-132.